Friday, March 20, 2009

Hitting The Boy Band Trifecta And Alternate Titles


1. I JUST MET DONNIE FREAKIN' WAHLBERG!
2. I have been plotting this day since I was 13 and Terri E. introduced me to NKOTB.
3. This is the best picture I could get because I am a 31 year old woman who totally lost her sh*t when meeting a New Kid On The Block.
4. Helen this is for you.

On the way into the concert on Friday I screamed as we pulled up the the parking lot. We had prepaid our parking and were assigned the lot right next to the tour buses. I scared the crap out of Jenny and she was a tiny bit upset with me. After the concert the ladies and I ran full speed through the arena to stand at the gates. We waited for quite a while and watched 2 other New Kids walk to their buses, there was conflicting info as to who they were. It was probably Joey and one of the Knight brothers. While standing there I talked the Helen and asked her who her favorite was. After she got over his disappointment that I couldn't remember she told me Donnie. We discussed the fact that he was our best shot and we hung up. I promised a picture if he actually came over. Within the next two minutes the people standing by the gates started screaming and we actually met Donnie. It was Awesome. Jenny obviously forgave me as we called everyone in our phone books to tell them what had happened.

This is the Boy Band Trifecta for me because I have already met members of Backstreet Boys (AJ and a friend stopped to help me with a flat tire) and Nsync (Joey Fatone came into my work all the time and once offered to kick down a door for me, Justin Timberlake yelled at a lady for being mean to me, JC and Lance also came in.) I managed to meet all of these other people and keep my calm. I also met a number of other celebrities since moving to Florida and kept it all together. On Friday I absolutely lost it and was shaking and screaming. I mean seriously I have been waiting for this moment since I was 13 years old. That is why the picture kind of sucks. I was also using Aubs camera and the battery was about to die so I got all I could.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I love Donnie Fing Wahlberg