Friday, September 09, 2011

Thoughts

I haven't posted in a while, I spent summer just enjoying my daughter and our time together.  I have stopped the 365 finding that it felt like a chore instead of an adventure, I did however get some amazing pictures and will love looking back on the memories they bring up. 

Aubrey is now reaching an age where all answers to questions seem to toe the line between giving her what she needs and too much information that may scare her.  This is definitely apparent this week as she has expressed her desire to learn about the events of 9/11/01. I have tried letting her lead the conversation but her inquiring mind requires information I have a hard time sharing with her.  It has also lead to theological discussions I am quite sure I wasn't able to grasp at her tender age.  She is handling all this with a grace, insight, and level of understanding I still don't possess. Unfortunately for Aubrey she knows what our Armed Services do and that allows her to understand the outright violence that happened on and as a result of this attack.  I pray that God continues to guide us as we navigate the curiosity of our child and my need to protect her from the bad in the world.  We chose to watch the Nick News Special with her last night.  Her class also watched this today. They sent us all a discussion guide that will hopefully help us as well. We chose to share a few stories of family members and how their lives were changed as well.  

Thanks for letting me ramble on and on hopefully I will be better at updating the blog. This picture is from Aubs praying for a friend.  I thought it fitting for today's post.

1 comment:

Nanny said...

I just love you guys.