Well I have decided that my darling, lovely daughter is going to make some geeky young man a very nice wife someday. First she is very excited and still talking about our trip to Star Wars Weekends, she is just beside herself that she did not get to see Dark Vader. Then she saw a friends picture with Jedi Mickey and she started to cry because she did not get one. Now we are watching American Idol and she is dancing with her light saber. Imagine a flag line in drum corps holding light sabers and dancing to the woo hoo song (aka Black Horse and a Cherry Tree).
The next part of this realization is that she can sing the them songs to Star Wars and Star Trek. She will even ask to watch them now instead of Lazytown or Dora.
I have even more proof of this, when asked what her favorite thing to do is she says HOMEWORK!!! The kid is 3 years old. She has a little pre-K learning book that she likes to work on. When she cannot find it she will find a piece of paper and crayon and practice her letter writing. While I will never discourage my child from learning I am worried that at her current pace I will be calling her Doogie by fifth grade.
On a side note my fabulous younger brother is taking his final exam to become a Paramedic this evening. Reach for those dreams Bob I know you can do anything.
3 comments:
For the record, there is NOTHING wrong with being nerdy. I play Warcraft, which is a computer game with ORCS and elves (I prefer the orcs), and I know most of the characters from Star Trek. I realize that I'm 28 and single, but I still think there's hope for Aubrey. ;)
Okay, I know I commented here already, but I just saw my link. YAY! Cha-Cha-HARISSA. I TOTALLY forgot about that and I love it! Thanks for the love, Missi.
I have great hope for Aubrey and her smarty pants little quirks. I just can't belive the stuff that comes out of her mouth. In about six months I am quite sure she will be correcting me.
Post a Comment