Saturday, July 12, 2008

Movies From My Childhood Week

After Annie was such a hit with Aubs, I decided to share another childhood favorite. Tonight we watched Muppets Take Manhattan. I love Jim Henson and miss him as much as one could miss a person they never met. He was responsible for most of my very favorite movies as a child. All of the Muppet movies, Labyrinth, and The Dark Crystal still have a special place in my heart. Here are the thoughts I had while watching this movie:
- I still know this movie nearly word for word. Same for Annie.
- Watching the Jim Henson shows/movies make my heart sad.
- I am thankful for the digital media that allows me to share these films with my darling girl, and that she loves them as much as I did. (She has not yet seen Labyrinth and Dark Crystal, they may scare the crap out of her)
- I remember seeing this movie in the theater with the Binders.
- IMDB is a treasure trove of knowledge. Did you know that Dr. Crusher from Star Trek TNG was first a muppeteer, choreographed scenes in Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal, and is originally from Cuyahoga Falls?
- Thanks to IMDB I also learned that Uncle Traveling Matt is in the wedding scene.

1 comment:

Helen Hassel said...

First of all.... Michael LOVES the "Puppet Movie"

Second, Who isn't in the wedding scene? I think every muppet they ever made is in that.

Third, I must admit, I was singing a song from that movie just yesterday. "I want to be a movie star, I want to learn to dri-ive a car. I want to be a good Mommy too and I will always love you-u-u." -Baby Miss Piggie :)