Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11/08



This photo is from Jesse's Air Force Graduation. Today I have been thinking how amazing Jesse and Jake are for choosing the Military path. They both knew there was a good chance they may be called overseas. Jake leaves in three weeks. I know this is what he trained for, I know he is brave, and I know he will carry the prayers of all of us with him. I am still worried.

This year's anniversary is so different for me. Today Aubs is old enough to question why today is a sad day. I remember those feelings so vividly from that morning that when Aubs asked today I couldn't help but cry.

The longest ten minutes of my life happened when I couldn't find Carly. She had been in New York on the tenth and I couldn't remember when her flight came home. The funny thing is looking back it was probably only one and a half minutes. The time to leave her a message and then call Jenny.

Prayers and Love to all today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture, Missy. All I can say about that is..BURRRRR! Really, don't worry about Jake, the USMC did an awesome job training him for EVERYTHING he might encounter. I have total trust that they did it right! But, I'm sure he could always use your prayers! Love to you all. Aunt Maury

Missy B said...

I know they did but you know me. I am a worrier.