Dear Pat,
I miss you terribly. I cannot believe it has been ten years. I still remember every word of our last conversation. I can still see the tears in your eyes. As hard as that memory is, I am finally starting to appreciate the fact that we had a proper goodbye. People have told me how lucky I was and I just couldn't see it. I realize that even though we had tears we had a wonderful last moment. I look back and wonder where I found those exact words at that moment and thank God that I did and am pretty sure he had them for me. At the same time I have always had peace that I promised you I would see you again.
I am so glad you were with us that last summer. I remember so many random things from that summer it is almost as if I knew how important those memories would be. That was the summer we discovered we liked the same Canadian music. Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan still make me smile for that reason.
Today I am going to celebrate with Carly. The day you left us was the day she came into my life. I figured you would prefer it this way. Everyone at home is meeting for a football game. There will be tons of new faces, most of them very small.
I will try to find a vodka drink to have in your honor though I doubt they will have one mixed with Gatorade.
Love Always And Until I see You Again,
Missy
1 comment:
With Jack it used to always be dot com, but now that she's in school it "mommy I want to go to nick jr period com. It's really funny.
Post a Comment