Dear Aubs,
Today you are six. I absolutely cannot believe you have been mine for six whole years. I am amazed at you everyday, even after six years. You are such a wonderful girl and I am so lucky to be your Mama.
As you have grown I have taken to saying "She is too smart for my own good" when people ask me what you are up to. I do believe yesterday was the day I finally witnessed the truth in that statement. I have long lamented the fact that you are not really a little girl* anymore and you always respond "I will always be your little girl, Mama" and I usually smother you in kisses. Yesterday you asked my Mama if I was still her little girl to which she wisely answered "Of course she is, just like I am still GiGi's little girl". I am pretty sure if I had been looking in the rear view mirror I would have seen a smug look on your face similar to my "I told you so" face.
You started Kindergarten this year. You continue to excel at every task placed in front of you. You will complete your third year of dance and will move into the "real" classes in the summer. You have asked for tap and ballet, your heart was set on hip-hop but unfortunately the way they run the classes is not conducive to mid-year birthdays.
This past year your daddy and I have started noticing how other people react to you. We think you may be one of the most engaging little girls we have ever seen. People who have known you for less than a minute seem to want to do anything to make you happy. Last night the University Of Central Arkansas Honeybear Cheerleaders noticed your birthday candle on your sundae and decided they should sing to you. To some people this would seem out of the ordinary but things like this just happen to you.
Your last day of five included your first use of the stove. You were of course well supervised. Everyone loved your pancakes. You and papa make great chefs.
I cannot wait to see what six has in store for us. We are going to have a great year.
I love you always and forever.
Mama
*Technically you were never little. You started life at over 8 1/2 lbs and that is larger than most.
4 comments:
We were lucky to spend your last day as 5 and your first day as 6 with you and had so much fun. Mommy, you and I went shopping, got Coach purses (GiGi would be so proud) and had dinner at Planet Hollywood where we met the lovely ladies from UCA. I wish you much joy, many blessings and the ability to not hold back because you are afraid the other kids will think you are too smart. You are such a joy to have in our lives and you will always be our oldest granddaughter. Love your Nanny.
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Aubrey, Happy Birthday to you! We hope you have a wonderful day. Sorry we missed your special day at Disney. We will see you next week at Dance Class.
My lovely Aubrey, I can't even begin to tell you how you make us smile everytime we see you (even if it's just a picture of you). You are so precious to us and we are blessed to have you in our family. I don't know if Jake was able to call you on Saturday, but he wanted me to make you knew he was thinking about you and wishing his God-daughter the happiest birthday ever and he can't wait to see you when he gets back home. We love you so, so much (all the way up to God and back down again!).
It doesn't seem possible that you are already 6 years old! You are such a big girl!!! I can't wait to see you again. Next time I see you we will introduce you to your cousin Carter. I hope your birthday was SUPER SPECIAL with Grandma and Papa! Love you! Make 6 the best year yet!
Post a Comment