Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cold Snap

When Florida has a cool snap one can ascertain exactly who has read the weather report before vacationing and who was taken by surprise. As far as the surprised people they fall into a few categories:
1. They were so surprised by the cold that they have to buy a sweatshirt wherever they are. i.e. Disney, Universal, or SeaWorld. This sometimes applies to locals as well. Shawn and I have a collection of Disney sweatshirts usually purchased around our anniversary. Yes, I know we should know better now.
2. Saw a weather report after landing in Florida and ran to the superstore for a sweatsuit. The whole family will usually match.
3. The ones from the mid-west tend to travel with sweatshirts for when they get home. As they walk around Orlando they stand out b/c they have on sweatshirts and shorts and do not seem bothered by the cold. Aubs and I met two ladies today from Minnesota who fell into this one.
4. People who figure it is Florida and will warm up. Dummies.

2 comments:

Momma said...

I think dad and I might fall into #3. How sorry is that?!

Missy B said...

You are correct mama.