Friday, October 05, 2007

I Was Definitely Not Ready For This


Aubrey went to her first slumber party last week. She of course had no problem, I fared slightly worse crying as I drove away from the house. I have to thank Miss Courtney, you really made Aubs feel like a big girl inviting her to stay the night with all of your friends. Also thanks to Mark and Dawn for being such great family members that I had no worries knowing that my only child was in your care.

During the time we were visiting with Mark and Dawn, Mark showed us some of the things that Poppy had saved. We found some letters from a Virgina to her Dearest Husband Edward. They had a postmark of 1924. I contacted Cille, Helen's sister-in-law, because her family and Poppy have a common last name and geography. Virginia and Edward are her Great Aunt and Uncle. We just need to figure out where Poppy fits in and why he would have their letters. We now have an official "Family History Mystery" on our hands. I will let everyone know how this turns out.

3 comments:

Charissa said...

Okay, 1) Aubrey is still insanely cute and 2) God Bless family history. My mom has piles of love letters back and forth from her great grandparents. They are the coolest.

Anonymous said...

1. I couldn't help but notice she's wearing yet another one of her camo shirts. 2. I love her pose with her hand on her chin. 3. I also have some letters from my dad to my mom when he was in the Navy, as well as some pictures of his Navy days, it's very cool. Love you, Aunt Maury

Missy B said...

Maury: Next time I am up your way I would love to see those letters. I have a couple of pictures of Grandpa and they are a treasured belonging.

Rissa: Thanks. I of course have to think Aubs is cute. It is nice to know a mostly non-biased person thinks so too!