Dearest Shawn,
I know you read this so I thought I would surprise you with a letter. Tomorrow we will celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary. With everything that has been happening lately I wanted to let you and the world know how thankful I am for you. We met as I was going through one of the toughest things I have ever dealt with. Soon after we started dating you had to deal with the biggest loss a son can go through. That was such a bittersweet moment in our story, that is the moment I knew I could never leave your side again.
On some level it was pretty much love at first sight for me, it just took a while for everything to work out. Did you know that once after hearing you say that you liked red hair I went home and dyed my hair? I was definitely smitten. Nine years later here we are. We have spent seven of those years married, and nearly five as parents. We have made it through some rough stuff and the most amazing moments of my life. I am so happy to have you by my side and am looking forward to many more years as your wife.
Love Always and Forever,
Missy
Seven Thanks:
To Mom and Dad, thank you for loving Shawn unconditionally.
To Aubrey, thank you for making us parents.
To Granny, Poppy, and Grampy, thank you for treating me as if I was always a part of your wonderful family.
To Dad B., thank you for being the father-in-law most people wish they could have.
To all my Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins thank you for accepting Shawn without a second thought.
To Bill, thank you for being our Best Man a job you have continued with long past our wedding ceremony.
To Shawn, thank you for loving and accepting me and my family for who we are, this means so much more today.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary, Missy and Shawn. I can't believe it's been seven years already. It certainly doesn't seem that long! Aubrey is a very lucky girl to have such wonderful parents! Congrats. Love you all. Aunt Maury
Post a Comment