Sunday, March 02, 2008

New Nickname


Jenny and I went to visit our friend Johanna yesterday. She has a nearly three year old who decided I needed a new name yesterday. She insisted on calling me Ducky. It was adorable. She can say Missy just fine but definitely preferred to Boogie with Ducky. One would think that Missy is a pretty easy name to say however many a small child has come up with their own version of my name. Here is a random sampling of the many treasured names given to me by some very special people*:

1. Mimmy
2. Ninny
3. Ducky
4. Aunt Mithy**

* Andrew and Kiera I cannot wait to add your versions to this list.
** Addendum: That is from Michael, although he never really wants to tell me my name when he is talking to me. Helen I did leave off Meleeha because it was not from a small child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You totally left out Maleeha! Oh, and with my kid's slight lisp it's kinda Aunt Mithy.