Tuesday, July 01, 2008

New Milestone

Mom you may need a breathing treatment handy for this one and put down the coffee.

I have started a new job that requires I work some evenings. Yesterday was one such evening and when I spoke to Shawn this morning he asked if Aubs had told me what happened last night. I told him that she had not and he went on to recount the following harrowing tale.

Aubs was reading a catalogue that had come yesterday. She found a discount card that was stuck in with the sticky glue, kind of like the glue dots for scrapbooking, and pulled out the card. She took the stuff off of the back and must have thought it looked like snot because the next thing she did was stuff it up her nose.

She then went in to see Shawn in the next room and said "I have to tell you something" In our house those are the six most feared words. If they are followed by "and your not going to like it" one should run quickly away. She then explained to Shawn that she had stuck this stuff up her nose "and it won't come out".

Shawn had her lie down on the bed so he could look up her nose. He didn't see anything (probably because the stuff looks like regulation boogers). Aubs decided to just blow really hard out her nose while Shawn was looking and the glue came flying out at him.

Man am I ever sorry I wasn't here to see it. Aubrey has now joined the ranks of kids that stick things up their nose. Somewhere in Heaven my mother-in-law is laughing so hard I am surprised we cannot hear her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, thanks for the disclaimer - saved my breathing and the wearing of the brown (w/cream).

Second, that's probably one of the very best Aubs stories I've ever heard. Its equally as good as any Sam or Jake story on the books (and those are some doozies - especially the bucket of sand and Annie one).

Love, Mom/Aubs' proud Nanny