Thursday, May 06, 2010

My Evening

Can only be described as perfect.  After a rough start Aubs and I ended up having a lovely time.  We managed to hunt for blackberries, there are a few patches around the neighborhood, including our backyard.  We took a walk around the block that ended with Aubs running screaming through the rainstorm.  We played SuperMario Wii and had a picnic on the living room floor.  We finished the night off with chapters 1 & 2 of "The Magician's Nephew", the first of the Chronicles of Narnia. We discussed that Aubs will eventually read some of the book to me but for now I am doing the reading.  It reminds me of when she was small and had to curl up in my lap for stories.  Now she sits next to me with her head on my shoulder. We even managed to get her into bed 30 minutes early.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Magicians nephew is actually the sixth book. A couple years ago some morons decided that kids can't understand a book out of order from the series, so they moved it. It doesn't make sense as the first book, though.

Missy B said...

Yeah, I knew that but the collection I have has them in reading order. Apparently CS Lewis wrote that and the The Horse and His boy later and put them into a different order. I guess he just figured he needed to explain where the wardrobe came from.

Cassie said...

You have blackberries in your neighborhood??? How wonderful is thay!!

Missy B said...

It is pretty cool. We will be keeping a close eye out. We only found two today. Most of them are in our backyard. Our yard backs up to a conservation lot.