Thursday, January 17, 2008

5


Dearest AubreyBeth,
Today you are five. You have had an amazing year. You started pre-K and are loving every minute of it. You have learned to read and continued to dance. I have heard the saying "A Song In Your Heart" many times, I however did not truly understand that until this year. You are always singing, writing songs, and bursting into song at any moment. You danced for the first time on stage and didn't experience and ounce of stage fright. The mothers in your class are convinced that one day your name will be one they see in lights. We have only began to realize how very smart you are and thanks to your wonderful teacher are learning ways to encourage and nurture your academic needs. I find myself afraid that we may not be able to keep up with you at the rate you are going. After you told the boys at Miss Sherry's that you are smarter than them we had a very good talk. I let you know that we should not tell people that even if you are smarter because it may hurt their feelings. You quickly responded that you know you are smart because Mrs. Pate uses you as a helper when she teaches the things you already know. Daddy gave you a new nickname this year and I think you love to be called Munchkey. It is funny to me because your Aunt Honey has a very similar nickname.

Five is gearing up to be just as fun. You will start Kindergarten this year. We will travel to Texas together, it will be both of our first times in the Lone Star State. You, Mommy, Aunt Kris, Uncle Danny, and Kait will all share a stage this year during recital. We have tons of fun planned for this year and I can't wait to share every moment with you.

I am so proud of you and the young lady you are becoming. You are a natural leader and we can see by the way the other kids at school interact with you, that you are truly loved and respected by your peer. I can think of nothing better than that. I love you so very much.

I am sure I could write to you all day but I must go pick up your Pinkalicious cupcakes and bring them to your class.

Love Always and Forever,
missy

1 comment:

Charissa said...

Beautiful letter, Missy. And Happy Birthday, Aubrey. :)