Sunday, January 13, 2008

Three In One Day

It must be some sort of Missy record. Three posts in a day. I saw Charissa's reading list and books that she recently posted and realized that I am inspired to post my "To Read List" and also to ask for opinions of which to read next.

First these two books are in process.
1. Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I have been reading this one for a while I can only read a bit at a time before I lose interest for a few weeks. It is also a bit more graphic than I thought it would be.
2. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. This one is only still in process because I usually travel with it and leave it in my knitting bag and become distracted by another book in my collection.

Here is my list of unread books. As I have two plane trips coming up I figure I should have plenty of reading time.
1.Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. This book fulfills one of my 30 Project goals.
2. 4 Blondes by Candace Bushnell. I love Sex in the City and have read the book. I bought this one a few years ago and put it in the books I have read pile not realizing I hadn't finished. I thought with the Sex in The City movie coming out in May it should be moved into the reading list.
3. Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I have wanted to read this since seeing the movie Serendipity.
4. Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs. I have read both Running With Scissors and Dry and while I at times find it hard to believe that one person can go through all this and survive with such a sense of humor about it all, I am drawn to reading his books.
5.comeback a mother and daughters journey through hell and back By Claire and Mia Fontaine. It is one of the Target Bookmarked selections and they have yet to let me down.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start? Also if anyone else is interested in any of these let me know and maybe we can do a book swap.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

I listened to Magical Thinking on my iPod, and it was funny, but not up to par with Running and Dry. It's a collection of short stories, so use it to pad two difficult books, but nothing more. I just think that Running and Dry will be hard to beat.

I think we may have very different reading styles, but you may like Citizen Girl and Nanny Diaries (same authors). VERY funny.