I have not been very good at posting lately so I thought I would make up for it with a cute picture of Aubs and an update on what is going on with the Barrieaus.
1. Aubrey is still completely obsessed with Marines. We found a book in the Library all about the Marine Corps. She was so excited that she wanted to call Jake immediately. It quickly became a lesson in time zones.
2. I have started my 15k training program. To make this easier we also bought a treadmill. While I live in the greater Orlando area we are in an area that is still being developed. The closest gym with treadmills is a good 20 minutes away. I really wanted to commit to this training routine and this was the best way to do so. Also Shawn will be able to use the treadmill if he wants.
3. Healthy Food Is Great. With my dad's health scare, Aubs' Healthy Food Unit in school, and my training we are really focused on eating right. I am working on perfecting no salt added recipes and cutting back on red meat. It is going much better that I thought it would. Being the smart girl that she is Aubrey will correct us if something we pick up is not healthy. However she is the heaviest salter in the house. I am definitely working on that, she is discovering she likes spicy foods making it much easier to cut back her salt intake.
4. Recital is approaching. Aubs and I have started learning our recital dances. She is of course picking it up much faster than I.
5. The house re-organization has started. The ultimate goal is to end up with a craft room in the back. I feel like that Sesame Street sketch where Ernie breaks the cookie jar. (It is on YouTube if you don't remember it) We started by taking Aubrey's old dressers and putting them in our closet. I have to organize the other 1/2 of my closet to put a third dresser in there from the room that will be a craft room. After that I only have a desk to find a home for. My goal is to rearrange everything while getting rid of very little furniture, especially if it is storage type furniture. You don't realize how much you use a basement until you don't have one. I will post pictures soon of our progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment