Sunday, March 09, 2008

Super Good Day

Yesterday was awesome. It wasn't one specific thing just and overall exceptional day.

1. Ballet Class: This is where we start every Saturday. Aubrey was in a horrible mood last week and the teacher asked that Grumpy not return to class this week. Aubs had a much better week and when she got out of class her favorite people were there. Amanda, Gillian, and Miss Erica. Aubrey told Miss Lynne that she does not need to call Amanda Miss Amanda because she is her babysitter. They call all the teachers and assistants "Miss"

2. Target: This is a given that a trip to Target makes it a good day. We bought a baby gift and had our Starbucks. While we were in Starbucks we saw my old manager's wife and son. I hadn't seen them in 2-3 years so it was really great to catch up for a few minutes.

3. Old Navy: Aubrey had received a gift card for Christmas. She found one beautiful dress, 2 t-shirts, and a wallet all for her $25. She is a shopper in the making. I also found fabulous sandals for $9.49 and pedal pushers.

4. IKEA: I got it in my head that I only wanted the IKEA wrapping paper. It is beautiful and thick and did I mention cost effective? While there we had a lovely lunch in the cafe. We also picked up a gift for a friends birthday in June and a popsicle maker for $2.49.

5. Bad Ass Coffee Company: Kim at work has been raving about this place for a long time. I decided to give it a try yesterday on the way home. It was FABULOUS! I tried a chocolate cherry mocha. YUM. If anyone else should happen across one of these I highly recommend a stop.

6. Phone-call: While drinking Hawaiian coffee I decided to call my cousin in Hawaii. It was great to talk to Gwenn for a few minutes. They love Hawaii and we had a good laugh about our parents and sisters being snowed in.

7. Treadmill Time: I went 4 miles yesterday. I am using Hal Higdon's 15K Novice Runner training program. I finished in just under 67 minutes. This may not seem fast but when I started I was at a solid 20 minute mile. In just 3 weeks of the training program I have shaved off 3 minutes/mile. (I am also still able to move today!)

8. Family Dinner: We ordered Chinese food and had a lovely quiet dinner.

9. Reading Time: I finished my second book of the week. the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon. Jennifer lent me the book. I really liked this one. It was a bit strange and hard to follow for the first few chapters. The book is written from the point of view of and autistic young man. On Wednesday I finished Why I Wore Lipstick To My Mastectomy by Geralyn Lucas I am on a bit of a True Life/Empowering book kick. I read Jenny McCarthy's Louder Than Words: A Mother's Healing Journey Through Autism a few weeks ago. These two books are incredible stories of faith, strength, and two very ballsy women. If you are feeling down at all I recommend picking up one of these two books. You will feel like you can do anything when you are done.

I even went to bed at a decent hour so that the time change didn't kick my butt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First is your last. Time change TOTALLY kicked my rear! Second... You had TWO coffee drinks in a matter of hours??? I can't do more than one a month or something. None since I've been pregnant but those babies keep me awake for EVER!!!! You are one crazy braud! Love you!