Monday, December 01, 2008

Holiday Magic





Okay not exactly but maybe just a little. I have noticed lately that the leaves are changing. We have had a much cooler fall than I remember. I have been meaning to take my camera with me for the past couple of weeks. I finally had it with me on Thanksgiving and pulled off to the side of the road at dusk and snapped a few shots.

I have also been wanting to do a fun handmade Christmas project. I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted to make and today I decided to make another Advent Calendar. Aubs and I made one last year and had a ton of fun and ended up with a great keepsake. The numbers on the right side each contain a chipboard ornament that has been run through the Xyron sticker maker. I folded a tab so that Aubs can easily remove them from the pocket. I will try to take a picture on Christmas Eve so everyone can see the complete tree. I also added a picture of last years Advent Calendar.

I am also going to try to do a Photo A Day until Christmas. I have never done one of these before so we will see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun is that! Love the Advent Calendar. But, I most especially love the cotton ball Santa. I just love it!
Nanny

Anonymous said...

I remember making a cotton ball Santa when I was her age. It was one my masterpieces, if I remember correctly. I had to take very special care trying to get it home without scruntching it in my bookbag! Brings back a lot of memories. Love you, Aunt Maury