Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today, 4/18/07

Today is an anniversary.
Today marks ten years since I saw that face.
Today marks the last time I heard him sing.
Today is when I learned you can survive grief. It may take your breath away, it can stay under the surface and come out when you least expect it, but you can make it through.
Today has always been a tough reminder. I remember every painful moment of that night ten years ago. I remember her face when she told me. Someone who didn't even know him told me one of my closest college friends had died.
Today was the first time I could actually hear a missing voice in a choir. We never sounded the same again.
Today is different somehow.
Today I was given a happy thought to reflect upon.
Today a new path was given to my mother.
Today my Mama was given approval for a church. My Mother will become a Pastor.
Today's usual sadness has been replaced by exhilaration.



DPM 4-18-97

1 comment:

Charissa said...

Wow. My sympathies and congratulations. A weird way to comment, I guess but so be it. Send your mamma a virtual high-five for me. :)