Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Trip Down Memory Lane

Shawn was up in the attic today looking for some of his old sheet music and awards. He found a treasure trove of memorabilia. He found my first scrapbook that I made. I have to redo it because I now know the evils of magnetic style albums. He found my senior year book and a photo album I had decided was just gone. I don't remember seeing it in almost ten years. Finding that album was bittersweet. I was painfully aware of the pictures that were in the missing book. That is probably why I knew it was missing. I found some surprises in both albums though. Here are some of my thoughts on the things I found.
From the Lakeside Book:
1. Three of the friends in that book have since passed away.
2. Some of the friends in the book I have sadly lost touch with.
3. One of them was my partner in Helen's wedding. (Dan you had a heck of a lot more hair then)
4. One of the boys from the "Sears" pose is the husband of my sister and the father of my wonderful nephew.
5. Little did I know when these pictures were taken what an integral part of my entire family's lives some of these people would become.
6. I have pictures of some future clergy doing some silly things. Some much more innocent then others. Dear Eliza, dear Eliza.

From the Senior Scrapbook:
1. I saw a lot of movies. Thank you Regal for building one of your theaters less than 5 minutes from my parents house.
2. I miss KJ so much it hurts.
3. I did a horrible job at keeping in touch with people. I need to add that to my list of resolutions.
4. Why did I think a body suit was an attractive article of clothing? They should be renamed wedgie giving boob squishing tops.
4. I must have really, really, really loved my rust colored palazzo pants.

2 comments:

Charissa said...

Definitely one of my happiest post-reunion accomplishment is getting back in touch with you. I remember how we used to play at your house, making your sister so angry, and also playing in the basement of your friends house a block or so down. Or babysitting across the street. What was that kid's name? Completely awesome. And some day I want desperately to meet Aubs. She is so you and I know I'll just love her. Love you, Miss.

Missy B said...

His name is Tyler and his little brother is Brandon. They are adults now it is a bit scary. Their dad still lives across the street.
I love you too Rissa. I can't wait for you to meet Aubs she will just love you.