Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Flashback Tuesday...

Today was one of the best nights I have had in a while. When I got home I spoke to someone I hadn't spoken with in way too long. I made one of my favorite family recipes to bring to Jake. That is where the flashback comes in, I was standing in the kitchen, eating a family weeknight classic, and wearing my leotard and tights for dance class. It has been twelve years since I had that experience. I went to my first tap class, it was not nearly as bad as I thought. There is another mom in the class who took her first class tonight, so I was not alone! The teacher is an old friend that I have known since I first moved here. I will go to sleep tonight knowing that when I wake up I will be on my way to spend a weekend with my moms side of the family. All in all it was a night of old and new friends with a promise of seeing family tomorrow. It just doesn't get any better than that for me at this point in my life. I have to say it is a great place to be.

No comments: