The first event of Graduation Weekend is the Moto-Run or Motivational Run. This is the first opportunity to see your recruit. After waking up at what Aunt Kim lovingly refers to as 0-dark-hundred we departed MCAS Beaufort for Parris Island. When you first arrive to Parris Island you are routed around by barricades. I think that they purposefully have training happening at every course so the families catch a glimpse of what their Marine went through. When we finally arrived to the run course, you could actually feel the excitement in the air as 400 some families caught their first glimpse of their Marine. When I saw the 2nd Battalion flag coming towards us I started to cry. I managed to keep it together most of the weekend but when I saw those young men running towards us was overcome with emotion. We saw the Guidons for every platoon but Jake's and were a bit upset until we saw the Recruit Photographer and he told us that Jake's Platoon was the Honor Guard. They were the ones carrying the Battalion Flag. Jake is the Marine that you can see between the shoulders of the two Marines on the outside in the top picture. The second picture is what we saw when the Run came towards us.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Parris Island #1
The first event of Graduation Weekend is the Moto-Run or Motivational Run. This is the first opportunity to see your recruit. After waking up at what Aunt Kim lovingly refers to as 0-dark-hundred we departed MCAS Beaufort for Parris Island. When you first arrive to Parris Island you are routed around by barricades. I think that they purposefully have training happening at every course so the families catch a glimpse of what their Marine went through. When we finally arrived to the run course, you could actually feel the excitement in the air as 400 some families caught their first glimpse of their Marine. When I saw the 2nd Battalion flag coming towards us I started to cry. I managed to keep it together most of the weekend but when I saw those young men running towards us was overcome with emotion. We saw the Guidons for every platoon but Jake's and were a bit upset until we saw the Recruit Photographer and he told us that Jake's Platoon was the Honor Guard. They were the ones carrying the Battalion Flag. Jake is the Marine that you can see between the shoulders of the two Marines on the outside in the top picture. The second picture is what we saw when the Run came towards us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment