Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Counting Blessings

Yesterday I was a little whiny in my post.  I am going a different direction today.

I am sitting here drinking my New Orleans Chicory coffee.  (This stuff is delicious) I was thinking about how it came to be that I love this coffee and how bad things can turn into some of your most amazing blessings. I read a blog post a while back about how you should be thankful for things that your just may not feel thankful about.

When I started my dance class a few years ago there was another dance Mom starting back to tap.  She had taken as a small girl but hadn't put her tap shoes on in years. She is now a part of our Florida Family.  Dawn and her family moved here after Hurricane Katrina. They had lived in New Orleans before the storm. I know that the storm was terrible and the things that happened were atrocious, but I am thankful.

I haven't spoken to my brother in 2 years and 5 months. I miss him terribly and just want to hear his voice.  Today he and his wife Jodi will welcome their twins into the world. I am fully prepared that I may never see these babies except in pictures.  I hope that is not the case, I love being an Auntie. Even though I may never meet them and the situation makes me sad, I am thankful.  My brother will become a Daddy today, that is something he has wanted for as long as I can remember. Babies Morgan your Aunt Missy loves you and hopes to see you someday.

5 comments:

Momma said...

I love you Missy Morgan Barrieau.

Missy B said...

I love you, too.

Emily said...

Oh, Missy, I really hope you get to meet them, too.

Missy B said...

Thanks Emily.

Mom said...

No twins today. It could be tomorrow or next month. Water broke, but no labor, so she's gonna be living in the hospital until they're born.