Thursday, August 16, 2007

Aubrey's Big Night


Tonight was the open house for the new high school. Aubrey's Pre-K class is in the building. Unlike the other schools that have been retro fitted in order to accommodate the Voluntary Pre-K program the new HS was built with the intention of housing the class. It is a beautiful facility and I am slightly, OK very jealous of the auditorium and music facilities. The Pre-K teacher and the Early Childhood Education class will be working together throughout the year. There is an observation window connecting the two classrooms so that the HS students have exposure to the young kids during lessons without being a distraction. Since this school was built to include the Pre-K kids they are going to be integrated into the HS as much as possible. They have been volunteered to work with the drama program, I am positive this will be Aubrey's least favorite part of the day. :) The principal is so excited to have the kids as a part of his student body that when he ordered the school spirit shirts for the 9-12 grades he also ordered them in the kids sizes. They are the Lil' Chargers! Isn't that the cutest thing? They are going to try to bring them to the Pep Rallies and other whole school activities. If I had been able to pick my favorite things and make what I think would be the best teacher for Aubs, it would be Mrs. P. I am so very excited that they ended up together. Aubs already worked her way into the teacher's heart. The first words out of her mouth were "I remember you, you sent me the letter". I of course burst into tears as Mrs. P. looked about ready to do the same. By the time we left Aubs had made a necklace out of the stringing beads and presented it to Mrs. P., who endeared herself to me by immediately putting it on with just the right amount of fanfare to make Aubs feel like the most important girl ever.

No comments: