Thursday, August 02, 2007

Countdowns/Operations

I have a couple of major countdowns happening right now. I have given each of them code names.

The first is "Operation Don't Let Your Baby See You Cry" or Aubrey starts school in 18 days and I am just not sure I am going to make this tear free.

Second is "Operation Watch Our Baby Boy Become a Marine" or Aubrey and Mommy's first solo road trip. We are going to Parris Island in one month and two days to watch Jake make the transition from Recruit to Marine. For those of you who don't know Jake spent his first couple years living at our house. I watched that boy take his first steps and I cannot wait to watch him march by on his way to his pinning and graduation.

Third is "Operation Organize My House And Make A Craft Room" Or Ikea opens in two months. Ikea is opening their first store in Florida and it will be less than five minutes from my office. I have big plans for me and Ikea. I am sure we will become the best of friends. My kitchen, family room, living room, and office are patiently awaiting the day when they are gifted the pieces from Ikea that I am quite sure will complete them and add much needed storage space. You don't realize how great it is to have a basement until you live in a state without them.

No comments: