Yesterday Aubs and I went first day of school shopping. That girl seriously has the biggest feet I have ever seen. She is in a 11 1/2 or 12. We discovered that all of her old shoes do not fit anymore. Once summer hits she wears sandals and flops most of the time. Most of her school acceptable or closed toe shoes were size 10. We spent hours looking for shoes yesterday. She is very picky and they must be rock star enough for her but still girly. The pink shoes are one of the two we settled on please notice the skull and crossbones that made them OK for the girl. Aubrey took that picture her self. She is quite the budding photographer.
The other picture is her picking her first backpack. She decided on a High School Musical back back with a picture of Zac Ephron. I do believe she has her second celebrity crush. The other is Corbin Bleu, also from High School Musical. I can add to the countdowns and Aubrey has 12 days until High School Musical comes out. That is going to be a HUGE weekend for her. It will start with HSM2 and end with a first day of school.
By the way Operation Don't Let Your Baby See You Cry is not going as well as I had hoped. I cried when she picked up the back pack. She also had some very profound words for me when she was talking about missing her Poppy. She told me that Kenai (Brother Bear) said "The people you love are never really gone they are always right here" and pointed to her heart. Needless to say I was absolute mush and then had to explain to her that I was not crying from sadness but because I am so amazed and proud of the wonderful girl that she is.
4 comments:
Hey Miss - LOVE the shoes! ...and she should be picky about choosing the "right" pair of shoes, it's very important! I can't believe she's going to go to school. By the way, she has a great "eye" for the camera. Great job, Aubs (on both the shoe selection as well as the photo).
If that was Aunt Maury who left the comment, and I suspect it was since it is about shoes, she also has matched every part of her first day outfit. Right down to the boo boo stickers just in case!
Sorry about that, Miss. Yes, it's Aunt Maury. By the way, Aunt Mary laughed at me when I dressed Jake for his first day of school. Everything matched and it was all ironed and creased! Silly Maury!
The really fun part about this is she picked it all herself. The shoes, shirt, pants, boo boo stickers, and back pack. I decided to let her be her while shopping and pick her outfit all by herself. I didn't even help. The one I showed her ended up back on the rack!
Post a Comment