Dear Aubrey Beth,
Tomorrow you start Kindergarten. I am just not sure how this happened I am quite sure deep down in my heart that you are still the girl who can't say milk (nulk). You are well past those days now but still seem to like to throw in an extra n here and there for me. We have bought all your supplies and uniforms (new county wide policy for K-12) and have all of them laid out for the week. On paper it seems we are ready. I am nervous for you to start this new chapter of your life as a school aged child. You have done well at anything placed before you so I know you can do it. I am concerned that they may not be able to keep up with you, but I am sure you will let us know if there is a problem. We were so spoiled last year with a teacher that was willing to set aside time to work with you at your level. I hope the new teacher will do the same. You express yourself so well and can make decisions better than some of the adults I know.
I will have to remember to tell the teacher tomorrow that you think you are a Marine. I realized this when you saluted Miss Bobbie in dance class this weekend. Although I am quite sure if we tell you that Marines only get green dots behavior will not be an issue.
I can't wait to see what you learn this year, it will be quite an adventure for us all.
I love you and am so proud of you.
Love always and forever,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment