Monday, August 18, 2008

What A Day.

Aubs and I both survived her first day of Kindergarten. Her second day of Kindergarten has been postponed until Wednesday at the earliest. I think it may be Thursday before she returns.

I had the best of intentions today to pick her up as a walker. As a child I always thought it would be fun to walk to school but always lived too far away. As it stands now Aubs will not take a bus until high school. As I walked the long way to pick her up 2.5 miles (there is a 1 mile path to get home). I made it 2 miles in and the first band of TS Fay hit the Central Florida area. Luckily Shawn was able to come and get us so that Aubs did not have to get soaked. I am still feeling a bit on the cold side, wet feet and air conditioning don't mix.

I also learned that a bike lock is the forgotten supply. Unfortunately for me everyone else did not forget.

Through Aubs commentary we learned the following:
- They all thought they would get a nap. They did not. Poor K was so tired that they laid their head on the table and may have gotten in trouble.
- Everyone but T was well behaved today. Aubs seems to think that this child pretends not to speak English so that they don't have to listen.
- They colored.
- They read. Not all of the kids can read like her and some just pretended.
- They did centers. The kitchen is not the same as pre-k so they had to use puzzle pieces as cookies.
- PE is no fun. They measured the kids and told them the rules. Aubs said that they were yelling. I think that is actually because the PE area is outside and has a roof on it. The roof is metal and may amplify the sound.
- She says that she likes Kindergarten but not so much.
- She had so much fun. (She is reading over my shoulder and yelling out corrections as I type.)

No comments: