Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This Girl Is Just Not Normal

I should be keenly aware of the fact that my daughter is just not like the other kids. I am obsessed with the Olympics and hoped that my girl would want to watch some of the events with me. When I asked her if she would like to watch swimming she responded "No, Tennis." The only tennis that Aubs has ever seen is on the Wii.

Aubrey will start Kindergarten next week. She is having a bit of anxiety, but not over the things that one would think. First she was worried that we hadn't gotten her third folder. Today it was that she didn't think that she would be able to do the homework. I let her in on the secret that since she can read she is going to be fine. I told her that they would also have spelling lists and she said that she already knows how to spell. Once she realized that these things would be okay she informed me that she had one other problem. "I don't know how to write cursive." I had purchased the wrong type of notepad, who knew that the beginning writing tablet and Primary Composition with the dotted line in the middle are not really the same thing. She decided this morning to practice her letters and discovered that there is another way to write them.

Yes, I am aware that I am in some deep trouble here.

No comments: