I was pondering this idea during my morning work out. Facebook was full of questions/prayer requests for various friends and their Lenten choices. Soda, coffee, caffeine, chocolate, and sugar in general were all things people were considering. These seem to me to possibly fall under the category of gluttony. Is it a requirement that your Lenten sacrifice be one of the Cardinal Sins? As such shouldn't we be shying away from these items on a daily basis? I know we are all sinners and that is why Jesus died for us. I believe giving up laziness would fall under sloth. If my theory is correct. Exercising seems to help put me in a place of communing with God.
I think it is time to work on The Thirty Project #29. I think in addition to giving up laziness, I will also try to add to my life by using the time frame of Lent to read the Bible cover to cover. I have 695 pages in my pink Bible so that works out to about 17 1/2 pages a day. UPDATE: Since I will be including Sundays as reading days it will really be 15 pages a day. Sorry, I didn't even think that Sundays weren't included in the 40 days.
4 comments:
OR, and I may be stepping out on a limb here, you could skip reading the entire Bible, make an effort to go to church with the girl, and learn what the church has to offer. You never know, you might like it! (Besides, some of those pages from Numbers and Judges could put a saint to sleep)
I (kind of) gave up being lazy! I've been working out a lot more lately, so I decided to kick it up and to work out for 45 minutes every day during Lent. On top of that (since I'm a shopaholic) I've decided that for every dollar I spend on something not necessary (food, rent, gas, etc. won't count), I will have to work out 1 extra minute. I think that my over-shopping could fall under greed, and my lack of going to the gym as often as I should could fall under sloth. So, this was the plan I came up with. I also like your Lenten choices. :)
Thanks mom. Now I have guilt. I would love to take the girl to church. My schedule is just to erratic right now.
Awesome! Very Very cool. It has been so long since I have read the Bible cover to cover. What a great idea!
Post a Comment