Today is the official start of Bike Week. It is also the unofficial start of Spring Break. What many people don't realize is that Spring Break in Florida is actually about 8 weeks long. The different parts of the country take their breaks at different times. The heaviest two weeks are the ones surrounding Easter. Today I saw many tell tale signs of these weeks starting today. I thought I would share a few.
- Entire softball teams wandering through the mall where I work. Many colleges come to Central Florida for spring training.
- A motorcycle parked in the snake* looking bicycle corral.
- A drunk Asian tourist giggling at herself and waving at herself on the entry security screen at the grocery store.
- A group of bikers and friends stopped on the side of the road discussing directions. The friends then climbed into their minivan to follow the bikes.
- Many people out in shorts and flip flops even though the temperatures are supposed to drop into the 40s this evening. Since they are coming to Florida it must be warm and sensible clothes should be left at home.
* The BBC always starts hissing and yelling "SNAKE! SSSSSSS! SNAKE!" when we are out shopping at the mall when he sees these.
No comments:
Post a Comment