Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My big girl

I guess this is how things are supposed to go, long gone are the cries of "help me" replaced with "I WILL DO IT MYSELF!". I am just not sure I am ready for this stage. Letting go is hard. I bought her flashcards this weekend because she just wants to learn new things. We went through the letters and there were only a couple she didn't know by sight. For some of those she could make the sound but not remember the name of the letter. Tonight she found a writing pad I had bought her, she brought it up to me and said "I need to praxic my letters". We sat down and worked on her numbers and a few letters. I would write them first and she would repeat. We did one and a half lines like this and she said "I WILL DO IT MYSELF" and she went on to write an A and a B. She is quite the perfectionist and when she did not like the way the B looked erased her lines. I am so proud of my baby and just not ready for her to be the big girl she is turning into.

2 comments:

Charissa said...

Aaawwww. See now, Antonio doesn't challenge me much... which honestly, I am okay with. But you are raising a whole person! I can't imagine how sad that must be to watch your kids grow up!

Missy B said...

It is a weird type of sadness. It is mixed with a sense of awe that you are helping guide this little person through their life and pride that they can turn out so wonderful.