Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Comedy of errors

Tonight I went to hang out with Jenny. For those of you who don't know she is one of my best friends who happens to be days away from having her second baby. Since Helen told me that pedicures seem to help along the start of labor, I offered to take Jenny out for one. By the time we finished making a cucumber alien (a whole different story) and made it to the pedicure place we realized that they were closing in ten minutes. By realize I mean stared down by the employees inside. Since we had promised Michaela pretty nails we went off to Target. Now anyone who knows me that such a simple thing cannot be done without some type of small disaster. We found Michaela's perfect color and went over to the clearance end cap to see if they had any perfect colors for me. While standing at said end cap two things happened that made Jenny laugh so hard I thought we might not need the pedicure. I dropped a bottle of lotion on the floor, that wouldn't have been so bad had I not dropped it on the pump top. The nozzle happened to be pointed at my leg. Right then someone tried to go behind me Michaela held up both arms and said "Not without the magic words!" the poor woman actually turned around. That is what started Jenny. Now I missed this because I was looking at my pant leg noticing that when I had dropped the lotion the nozzle had expelled a lotion bomb. My leg was coated in light green lotion. It is a small miracle I have made it almost to my thirtieth birthday without breaking myself.

2 comments:

J. Cowan said...

it was awesome!! i really thought i might laugh the baby out. between the two of you, i don't know which one was funnier. and that poor lady actually listened to michaela! that i think was the best part.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! Hahahaha! Sounds like quite the adventure!