Saturday, May 26, 2007

30 Project #14


I learned to play the tuba.

When I got to college they needed more tuba players. I figured I had nothing to lose. Then I found out that we only had 2 weeks before the first game! AHH. I did it anyway and had a great time. It paved the way for me to become a music major. I figured if I could pick up an new instrument in 2 weeks and play it well enough to not embarrass the rest of the band I should probably investigate that hidden talent. I also found out that year after many years of refusing to sing in public that I do in fact have a decent singing voice. Thanks Dr. D. after class that day I was asked to audition for the choir. Who knew? I sure as heck didn't. I will not post any of those pictures. Our dresses resembled black funeral home curtains complete with puff sleeves.

No comments: