Monday, May 28, 2007

30 Project #16, and Happy Memorial Day


I am the granddaughter of a WWII veteran and a Korean War veteran.
I am the cousin of a soon to be Marine and Air Force enlistees.

I know that the granddaughter part is not so much of an accomplishment but it is a part of who I am. Since today is Memorial Day I choose to remember my Grandfathers. My Dad's Dad was stationed in the Pacific during WWII. Both grandfathers were in the Navy. I am not sure where my Mom's Dad was stationed.

I am so very proud of Jake and Jesse. They have made a very grown up decision, one that I am not sure I could make. I will pray for you boys every single day. I know you will make amazing soldiers, but please forgive me if I am selfish and pray for you to stay stateside. You will make your mamas, aunts, siblings, and cousins proud.

A note on the picture. This is the Flag at SeaWorld viewed through a magnolia tree. A true Southern moment.

No comments: