Monday, May 21, 2007

30 Project #9


I took a ballet class.

When I was 17 I decided that I wanted to study ballet. I went to Sharron's in Twinsburg and signed myself up for Teen Ballet. There are many reasons this makes my list. The first was I paid for all of the classes and the recital costume myself. I had an after school job and wanted to do this myself. The other is a bit more emotional. I remember the look on Mom's face when she saw me after the recital. I remember her telling me I looked like a real ballerina. That may seem like a weird comment to make but to anyone who knows me just walking can be an issue. I could tell she was proud of me. My parents have always told us they are proud of us but at that moment I could see it in her face. She also mentioned that it hurt her everytime I landed a jump. At that time I had some pretty serious ankle problems, the recital in fact was my left ankle's last hurrah. I will go more into that for #9.

No comments: