Tuesday, May 22, 2007

30 Project #10


I have had two surgeries.

This may not sound like an accomplishment to many but both of these surgeries changed my life. The first allowed me to walk without pain. It turns out that by the time I got to college the sporadic ankle pain that I had experienced in High School was actually a chronic sprain. Who Knew? A friend referred us to Dr. Wiener at Akron Children's hospital. Within six months of meeting him I was able to run, jump, and play again. It allowed me to do another item on my list that has yet to be revealed.

The second made me a mother. Aubrey ended up being a week late and a little bigger than they thought. After forty hours in the hospital they decided to help me out a bit and off to the OR we went. A little while later and Aubrey Beth was here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you found that picture! I can't help but to think of how evil you acted toward your loving sister during this ordeal! Hahaha! Glad that's over! Love you!

Missy B said...

How happy would you be if you had to use crutches to get around a college campus for 2 months? Love ya Helen.