Sunday, June 25, 2006

I had the best of intentions

Today I tried to make it a very fun and easy day in my family. One of these days I will realize that I am not a person who should make plans, they never ever work. Today I blew up Aubrey's new pool (Thank the Lord for whoever invented electric air pumps) and planned on cooking out for dinner. Things were going along great I straightened up the family room so I could blow up the pool and got to work. I wish I had taken a picture of my sad little daughter sitting in an empty pool in her pajamas. We dragged the pool outside and got the hose all picked up and started the water. When one corner of the pool was full I heard the first claps of thunder. My perfect Sunday plans have been thwarted by Mother Nature. Oh well I will now have to be spontaneous in cooking dinner which may be an adventure all on its own since most of our food in the house is better suited to grilling.

2 comments:

Charissa said...

See now that seems like a successful day for me. I slept until noon (which I can't believe I am capable of doing), and still have my pajamas on. I know it sounds pathetic, but I accidentally took a double dose of my seizure medication (it's not life threatening, don't worry) and I've felt extremely "odd" all day. So, pajamas it is... even at 6 PM.

Missy B said...

Don't let me fool you we also slept until noon. We changed into bathing suits from pajamas. When we were done outside we took a shower and put new clean jammies on. Pajamas all around.