Sunday, June 18, 2006

What a weekend


We have had an exceptionally great weekend. I don't think that much was accomplished in the way of grown up responsibilities but it was great anyway. Aubs had her first sleepover, I am sure she would have preferred I left her there alone but I overcame one fear this week so two would have done me in. Jenny and I were able to crop for a bit on Saturday. (that is one of my new pages) Aubrey came up with the title for the book. It is a book of our vacations/journeys. On Saturday evening we went to "Night of Magic". My father in-law is on the board of directors for "Magic of Orlando Drum and Bugle Corps". Every year before they hit the road for DCI they have an exhibition with some Senior Corps (22 yrs old and up) and some Junior Corps (15 to 21 yrs). We went last year and I thought they looked and sounded great. They came in at 19. The top twelve is where I have been told you want to end up. Anyway the group of kids out there last night blew last years group out of the water. They sounded great and had their show together. Especially since I learned later in the evening they had just learned the final parts on Sunday of last week. If they keep improving on their show they are going to do great. If anyone has a chance to check out what some of these groups are doing I highly reccommend it. If anyone is familiar with "Blast" they are a hybrid of the Drum Corps kids. In fact the group that formed "Blast", "Star of Indiana", is the Corp Shawn marched with in his younger days. Today is Father's day and we are perfecting the art of sitting on our bums being a happy and relaxed family.

No comments: