Today I have a complaint about my town. We are void of music stores. The closest one is 35 minutes away and I have been unable to discover where you are supposed to park. While I live out a ways from civilization it is hardly country. I remember growing up there was a store in just about every direction from my parent's house no more than 15 minutes away.
The reason that this has come to my attention of late is that I have received my piano. I was so excited to get one that I bought one book at the Guitar Center store they had very slim pickings and only books of the pop/rock variety. I discovered a Disney song book in the garage. (What a cave of wonders that place is) I have turned to ebay to get my music fix and found an incredible deal from a piano teacher selling off her inventory. While I am happy with my deals I miss the feeling of walking into the Music Stores of my youth. Do the stores like Sound Board still exist out there? Is it that they have not found their way down south? Oh well, as long as there is ebay I can find what I need. There is no instant gratification and I have to wait for shipping but my music is on the way.
2 comments:
Ooooh Missy. I feel your pain. I couldn't even begin to guess where a store like that is in my area. And now I've missed two Tuesdays About Town in a row because of stupid happy hour. I'll do better next week. Swear.
Happy hour can be fun and it is in Town is it not?
Post a Comment