I had a different post in mind tonight but have decided to move that to tomorrow in light of recent headlines.
Survived living at the cross point of 3 hurricanes Charley a category 4, Frances a category 2, and Jeanne a category 3.
I learned a lot about myself and my own personal strength from those. I can take care of my family in a crisis. I can get all the necessary supplies into the hallway without windows, collect all important papers and seal them securely in Ziploc bags, and make beds that fit in the hallway so that we will be comfortable for a very long night in less than 30 minutes. It changed paths so quickly I didn't have much more time than that. I learned what it was like to pray for our lives. It was the first time I think I faced my own mortality. It really did sound like our home was being ripped apart. I realized that Florida is really really hot in the summer when there is no air conditioning. I gained strength those nights and it is a good thing because a tropical storm is on the way. They don't think it will turn into a hurricane however the Gulf is already at 84 degrees. This is not a good thing unless you are swimming which I would not recommend this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment