
My parents are proud of me.
I am also proud of them. They have made me the person I am today. I couldn't be the mother, wife, or friend I am today without their guidance. I can only hope that I am half the parent they have been to me.
It is amazing to look back as an adult and see not only how much you have grown, but how much your parents have grown. My parents took the fateful step of taking us to the Stow First United Methodist Church nearly 25 years ago. Little did they know how much that little church on Fishcreek would shape and change our lives. There are people there whose faces light up on the Sundays we are home and say to us "I remember when...". I chose my college because of that church. The groups we were involved in came out of that church. That church brought us to Lakeside which in turn brought Brian to Helen. The youth of the church asked my parents to help us out, Mom and Dad then grew into such an integral part of that program that my dad is still involved with the youth groups. Next Sunday I will walk into that church to watch my mother preach. Wow. Next Sunday may be one of the last Sundays that I go to that church. This is very sad. I was talking to my mother about it and she wisely said "That will always be your church". She is definitely ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment